Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Chocolate Cake and Memories"


   Decided to make a chocolate cake for Howard. it is going to be my version of the German Chocolate  Cake.   As I said my version,  I use Jiffy  devils food cake mix, 2 boxes, they are cheaper than the more expensive brands and i can't tell the difference, taste the same. mix them up  as directed   use 2 round 8" pans,  cool , then mix  2 tablespoons of chocolate frosting with 1 tablespoon apricate jam,  spread on top of first layer , then put next layer on top,ice with coconut pecan frosting.  It may sound strange but it will tickle your taste buds with delight.  They will come back for more.lol.
   Howard and I went to Freds  store this  morning ,  and on the way i was looking at the horses, there are horses everywhere down here in Alabama.  It is like heaven for  me,Horses and dog are my passion. As I was looking at a couple of ponies playing , I thought about the time my best friend Mitzi and I went for a long ride .  We went 4 miles to the  State park called Grass Point.  Everything was nice and peacefull, our horses were road safe, We used the park as the point where we would turn back, all was well, until we went past a small field , which was empty when we came down. All of a sudden this little black shetland pony appeared running full speed , chasing us along his fence line,  He was a little stud pony, he was chasing my mare.She knew it and took off running , with Mitzi following us. We were  laughing like crazy women, then we had the biggest laugh, as that black pony ran through the swamp with the cat tails bursting and their fuz covering him, he was no longer black but a dirty white fuzzy pony.   Oh yes he still chased us all the way to the end of the fence.  We were laughing so hard we were almost falling out of our saddles.
   That was only one of the maney adventures  Mitzi and I had together....

No comments:

Post a Comment